The (Small) Business Owner’s Guide to Local Marketing, Part Seven
After reviewing the first six posts in our series, “The (Small) Business Owner’s Guide to Local Marketing,” we hope you’re inspired to start getting your local marketing house in order.
Local digital marketing doesn’t require the big bucks or hours of creative work traditional channels do. But you’ll still want to set aside some resources and get your plan together.
Follow the steps below to jump-start your efforts.
- Answer the questions in our Fast Five-Step Strategy.
- Allocate a few hours to get your directory listings, pages, and content in order
- Budget some resources upfront to save money later:
- Consider investing in a location marketing and reputation management platform. Doing so will help you keep track of your listings, social presence, and reputation in the most cost-effective way.
- Consider working with an agency or partner to optimize your online presence and manage your reputation.
Will you try to DIY your ‘near me’ marketing or work with an agency partner? With the time constraints most small business owners operate under, working with a partner can often lift some of the day-to-day burdens from your shoulders. That’s where an agency partner can also offer a large body of expertise around optimizing your social media and directory profiles for search.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be on the road to optimizing your local digital marketing profile—no matter which approaches you’ll take.
Revisit Our Series
From the beginning, our series aims to provide business owners, particularly small business owners, with fast, actionable strategies to win and keep more customers.
The six parts of this series break down as follows:
- ‘Near Me’ Marketing is Your New Superpower & Save Time and $$ with Local Digital Marketing
- Five Benefits of Local Listings Marketing & Five Risks of Ignoring Local Listings Marketing
- The Fast Five-Step Strategy
- Build Awareness: Helping Customers Find You
- Driving Engagement: Winning Customers’ Trust and Business
- Reputation Management: Keeping Customers’ Loyalty
For those who are patient, we will be creating an e-book of this content for easy reference. If you’re interested in a copy of this e-book, let us know by emailing email@example.com, and we’ll put you on our waiting list and ensure you get a copy when it’s ready.
Thank you for following this series. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have for us.