One of the more interesting conversations we’ve had on A Little Marketing, our podcast with Blue Whale Communications’s Nikki Gillingham, was with Caterina Mazzone of Metspace. Metspace is a coworking business with locations in Montreal. During our conversation, we discussed the benefits of working in such an environment and, of course, the benefits.
Watch our episode to learn everything Caterina has to say!
Caterina Mazzone of Metspace discussed the benefits of working in a coworking space.
What is a coworking space?
A coworking space is a shared workspace where people from different companies and organizations can come together to work. These spaces often provide high-speed internet, printing services, conference rooms, and a community of like-minded professionals. Offices like these are becoming increasingly popular as a flexible, cost-effective alternative to traditional office spaces.
What kinds of businesses best fit a coworking space?
A shared office space can be a good fit for many businesses, including freelancers, startups, and small to medium-sized enterprises. However, coworking spaces generally are best suited for companies that value flexibility, collaboration, and cost-efficiency. Some examples of businesses that may be well-suited to working in a coworking space include digital marketing agencies, design firms, software development companies, and other businesses that can benefit from this environment.
What are the benefits of working in a shared office space for a small business owner?
There are many benefits of working at a shared office space for a small business owner. Some of the most significant benefits include the following:
- Cost savings: Renting space can be much more affordable than leasing a traditional office space. Valid especially for small business owners who may only need a little space.
- Flexibility: Most shared office spaces offer flexible lease options, which is helpful for businesses that need to scale up or down quickly.
- Collaboration: Coworking spaces allow for collaboration and networking with other professionals. Business owners can drive new business opportunities and valuable connections.
- Community: Many of these spaces have a strong sense of community and can provide a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Amenities: Coworking spaces often provide high-speed internet, printing services, and conference rooms. Access to these tools is excellent for small business owners who may not have these resources.
What are the networking benefits of working at a coworking space?
Working in a shared office space can provide many networking benefits. Some of the most significant benefits include the following:
- Access to a built-in community. Many coworking spaces have a strong sense of community and provide opportunities for members to connect and build relationships.
- Opportunities to learn from other professionals. Gain valuable insights into different industries and business models.
- Exposure to potential clients and partners. Coworking spaces often attract a diverse range of businesses, allowing small business owners to meet potential clients and partners.
- Access to a supportive and collaborative environment. Working in a shared office space can provide a supportive and collaborative environment to help small business owners thrive and grow their businesses.
Can my business be listed on Google Maps and Search if I work at a coworking space?
Your business can be listed on Google Maps and Search if you work at a coworking space. However, the specific requirements for being listed on Google Maps and Search may vary depending on the location of the coworking space and other factors. For example, the shared office space must be a permanent, physical location open to the public during regular business hours. The address must also be verifiable through a third-party source, such as a government agency or business directory. Therefore, checking with the coworking space and Google is essential to determine whether your business is eligible for listing on Google Maps and Search.